Sunday, June 24, 2007

Changes

There have been some changes at Casa del Rogue recently, the most significant being that Daughter Rogue has moved out and is sharing an apartment with a friend. This means that Mrs. R and I are now “Empty-Nesters-In-Training.”

DR’s move went relatively smooth, but it did involve lots of switching of vehicles to make things easier. There was the usual chaos and semi-panic of moving, throwing stuff into boxes, tossing clean and dirty clothes in laundry baskets, etc.

Most of the move occurred over a weekend, but the work week began before DR was completely moved in. She asked to borrow my truck, “Big Mo,” to finish up. Since my choices at that point were going to work or helping move a couch into a third floor apartment, I chose work and gladly let DR take the truck. She tricked some friends into helping her, and the couch was successfully moved with no injuries to humans or furniture or vehicles.

By Friday things had settled down, and we all had our original vehicles back. I went out that afternoon to run an errand. For some reason, I looked in the back seat of Big Mo. I saw something I had never seen before, at least not in any vehicle I ever owned…

Lying on the seat was what appeared to be an article of women’s underwear that begins with “t” and rhymes with “wrong.” “Hmmmm” I thought, “how in the hell did that get back there?”

Thinking it may have fallen out of a laundry basket during the move, I asked DR about it. She vehemently denied that it was hers. Something along the lines of “Daddy, I would never wear one of those things!”

Thinking it might belong to Mrs. R, (although being somewhat confused about how it might have gotten there) I asked her about it. She also vehemently denied it was hers. Something along the lines of “Not even in your dreams mister! It’s your truck, and you’re asking me how a pair of women’s underwear got in your truck? I think you owe me an explanation!”

The advantage to sleeping on the couch is that it's in the coolest room in the house...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can neither confirm nor deny such reports...